Monday, April 13, 2009

{potato casserole}

This yummy recipe is always made on holidays for my family. Why only the holidays? Because it's loaded with tons of fat (sour cream, butter, cheese, etc), and frankly because it costs so much money to make! We love it so much though.... I think I need to start making it more often and just freeze half of it in the freezer (9x9 pans). This dish generally goes by Holiday Potatoes, Funeral Potatoes, but I just call it potato casserole.

Ingredients:
3 - 12 oz pkg shredded hash browns, thawed
1/2 c melted butter
1/2 c diced onion
salt, pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
12 oz sour cream
10 oz cheddar cheese, grated
Mix together, bake at 45 minutes at 350 degrees in a greased 9x13 pan.
Amy's Notes:
*After several years of getting tired of biting into onions that still tasted a bit strong, I started sauteeing them a bit before I added them to the recipe. It takes out the strong onion taste, but still adds to the recipe!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails