Thursday, April 9, 2009

{crumb top for pies}

My sister in law Tiffany gave me this recipe, and hands down it's one of my favorite crumb recipes ever! I used this recipe to teach a "how to make an apple pie" class at our church's women's group years ago. It was "ooh'd" and "ahh'd" over & over. I think this would work well on peach pies, apple pies... anything! And, it saves me time from having to make a double pie crust (which I dislike very much!)

Ingredients:

2/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c oats
1/3 c softened butter
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients with a pastry blender or a fork. Sprinkle over the top of any kind of fruit pie (apple, peach, etc) or a crisp. Bake as directed with your pie.
Amy's Notes:
*If you forgot to pull your stick of butter out of the fridge or freezer to soften, pull it out, slice it through and lay it out in a circle. It will soften within minutes.
*Adding coconut is an option as well.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails