Monday, April 13, 2009

{cheesy asparagus}

Last week I was thumbing through my huge stack of magazines that are piling up on me. I found this recipe that looked pretty yummy & simple. I love simple. Anything that is few ingredients, I'm going to try. I made this for the first time yesterday for Easter dinner, and it was a winner.

Ingredients:
1 lb trimmed asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
lemon zest
Toss 1 bunch (1 lb) trimmed asparagus in 1 tbsp olive oil with 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper. Spread in an even layer on a baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese (not the stuff you put on spaghetti... the real stuff!). Roast at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Amy's Notes:
*I could do without the lemon zest. It was good with it on ... but it also made me think "uhh.. I can also do without as well". The family loved this recipe! Even my picky Katie ate seconds on it, so it for SURE is a winner!
*Leave the asparagus in a long stem. Just trim the bottom portion of the vegetable.

1 comment:

Tiffany Buhman said...

I make this all of the time, but next time you should use sea salt. It is so much better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails