Wednesday, April 15, 2009

{black beans & corn salsa}

My mom gave me this recipe. I love it. You can make it as mild as you like, to as hot & spicy as you'd like. I like mild. I want to be able to eat. :)

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 c diced red onion
Dressing:
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt & pepper, each
4-6 tbsp lime juice
**can add 1/4 c cilantro
**can add pickled jalapeno slices
Mix & let flavors mingle overnight, if possible. At least 4 hours if you can't let it sit overnight. You can also add green peppers, tomatoes, chopped parsley, garlic, etc... if you want to add some different types of veggies, flavors, colors, etc. Just remember to keep the proportions the same as above.
Serve with tortilla chips, or on salads!
Amy's Notes:
**I always start with 4 tbsp of the lime juice and adjust my taste to the dressing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails