Sunday, April 12, 2009

{coca cola ham}

This is more of a reminder to myself of what TO do the next time I bake a ham. Considering it was the first time I've ever made ham...... ever, it turned out REALLY awesome. I'm typing it up so I don't forget how I made it. It's going to look a little juvenile the way I type it, but oh well..

I had a spiral cut ham (bone-in). It came w/ a packet of honey glaze that I had to add water & heat up on the stove.

I poured a can of Coke on the bottom of my huge roasting pan, and dumped the ham face down (tiny part of the ham was sticking up). Covered it all with foil. Then, I didn't baste it. Couldn't find my baster thing. I was supposed to, but it turned out delicious without basting it.

I baked it for 1 hour at 350 (it was cooked already), then took it out, place it on my roaster flat (skinny part of the ham was laying sideways now), separated some of the slices, and spread the glaze over it. Then baked it for another 10 minutes at 425.

It was so delicious.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails