Thursday, April 9, 2009

{lasagna}

This is my mom's recipe. I had to have her come over one day after I was married to show me how to make it. It turned into an all day event. ::rolling eyes:: But, I have it down to a pat now, it DOESN'T take me all day, just an hour or less. :) Serve with a delicious salad & garlic bread.

Ingredients:
16 oz box lasagna noodles
1 egg
1 container cottage cheese (large)
2 tbsp parsley
parmesan cheese (1/4 cup in & on top)
2 - 8 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb hamburger
1 onion, chopped
2 jars spaghetti sauce
Boil lasagna (see my notes!). Brown hamburger with onions in it. Drain the cottage cheese. Mix egg, cottage cheese, parsley, 1/4 c parmesan cheese, 1 package of mozzarella cheese & garlic powder. Mix spaghetti sauce with hamburger after it is browned & drained of fat. Spread a little sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan, layer with noodles, then add a little cheese mixture, then sauce. Do it again with noodles, cheese mixture then sauce, etc. Keep going until you get to the top or you run out of cheese mixture & sauce. Add another package of mozzarella cheese on the top, and sprinkle with 1/4 c of parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes - 1 hour at 350. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Amy's Notes:
*I no longer boil my noodles. Some people prefer to boil the noodles, but now I save myself even more time and buy the "no boil" noodles. SO easy!
*I buy the cheap spaghetti sauce (like the 99 cents in a tin can kind). I can't taste a difference anyways, so why not go cheap? Especially with all the ingredients it can get a little expensive, cut corners on brand names whenever possible!
*Make SURE you let it sit for a bit before serving! Otherwise your beautiful lasagna will turn into a soup if you serve it immediately after pulling it out of the oven!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails