Thursday, February 4, 2010

cream of anything soup

**disclaimer: I have NOT made this soup, but every woman in my family has made this over & over & over again.... using different vegetables. I subscribed YEARS ago to this "receive a new recipe every day" via email, and this was one of the recipes. My aunt & my grandma both say this is THE best recipe they have ever tried, and have thanked me over & over & over again for this recipe.

I have yet to try it, but if these awesome ladies who are amazing cooks love this recipe, chances are, it's a winner!

In a soup pot melt & brown: 4 tbsp butter & 4 tbsp flour

Add: 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, dash cayenne pepper

Add: 1 1/2 c milk, 2 c chicken broth, 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash, 1 tsp onion powder or chopped onion

Choose & add one of the following vegetables (pureed or chopped) & the corresponding seasonings:

*2 c asparagus + 1 tsp lemon juice, dash of ground nutmeg or mace

*1 1/2 c green beans + 1/2 tsp thyme, dash garlic powder, 1 bay leaf

* 1 c carrots + 1 Tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp basil

*2 c cauliflower + 1/2 tsp curry powder

*1 1/2 c zucchini + dash nutmeg

*1 1/2 c mushroom + dash nutmeg

If you try this recipe out, let me know which vegetable you tried, and what tastes the best!!

1 comment:

Chiemi said...

Oooo how awesome! I need to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails