Monday, November 30, 2009

rod's super fudge

Since it's the holidays, and that means my favorite foods come out at this time of the year! Every year since I can remember, as soon as Thanksgiving came, my dad whipped out his famous fudge. (hence the name "Rod's Super Fudge"). This is a family favorite, which has become MY family favorite, and it's the most requested recipe to have or thing I'm requested to make! The tip to this recipe is to keep the fudge COLD after you make it! Don't let it get to room temperature otherwise it's not as awesome.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
4 c sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 pkg chocolate chips (try milk choc or semi-sweet, they both give different flavors!)
2 giant sized Hershey bars
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 c nuts (optional)
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter, sugar & milk in huge saucepan; after it starts boiling, cook for 5 minutes at a rolling boil. Remove from heat and beat in remaining ingredients. Will make one 9x13 pan and 1 9x9 pan of fudge, or will fit one cookie sheet (jelly roll pan). Let cool in fridge & cut. Make sure you keep it cold (best when it's cold!) and keep in airtight container.


Amy's Notes: Last year I noticed Hershey's stopped making their usual giant sized Hershey bars candy bar. Bummer. I used the slightly smaller bars, but I could tell it didn't taste as 100% as it could. This year I'm going to use another bar, but maybe half of a bar?

Another tip to have, is to have every ingredient unwrapped and ready to go. This is a FAST thing to make, and you're not going to have time to unwrap each thing and put it in. So prepare beforehand!

1 comment:

Chiemi said...

Oh I love fudge so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails