Monday, September 19, 2011

Peach Crisp

Book Club was last Thursday night, and I'm hankering for fall desserts.  Even when it's 99 degrees outside in the middle of September... I want it to be fall!

Found this recipe online at allrecipes.com, and modified it a little to fit my needs.

It's most definitely a keeper!

List of Ingredients

6 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted & sliced
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 c flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
couple shakes of nutmeg
1/2 cup butter

**Note:  I used canned peaches!!  I just didn't add any of the juice to the pan.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 inch square baking pan.

Place peaches in the bottom of the baking dish, and sprinkle them w/ almond extract.

In a bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, sugar, brown sugar, spices and salt.  Cut the butter into the flour mixture w/ a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles crumbs.

Sprinkle the flour mixture in an even layer over the top of the peaches.  Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until the peaches are bubbling and the topping is browned.

**Amy's Notes:  I doubled the recipe to make a 9x13 pan, and got the big can of peaches at Sam's Club ($3.90).  I didn't use all of the peaches, but I did make sure I got a lot in the pan.  I also used half margarine and half butter -- make sure it's softened first!  Serve with vanilla ice cream!  Super yummy!

1 comment:

Chiemi said...

Ohhhh yum!!! I need to make some of that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails