Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sierra Nuggets (aka ... full of spices chocolate chip cookies)

Many many years ago when I was a little girl, my aunt made these cookies.  I fell in love.  Their spices just created an amazing explosion in my mouth.  I make these every December for Christmas == but are good anytime of the year!  The ingredients are out of this world -- but I promise, they are extremely good!
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
CREAM TOGETHER:
1 c butter      1 c brown sugar     1 1/2 c sugar
ADD:
1 Tbsp milk    1 1/2 tsp vanilla
BEAT & ADD:
2 eggs
STIR IN:
1 c corn flakes (dry & crumbled)      3 c oats
SIFT TOGETHER THEN ADD:
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mace
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
STIR IN:
4 oz coconut     1 pkg chocolate chips
Drop by well rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper).  Bake 10 minutes or until done.  Yields 8 dozen.
IMG_2682
AMY'S NOTES:  I did not sift all those dry ingredients... I added them to the mixture and they turned out fine.  I also always bake w/ parchment paper -- I never have to grease the cookie sheet or anything, and my cookies always turn out perfect!  It always states that it yields 8 dozen... but w/ my cookie scooper, it yields maybe 5 1/2 dozen?  If you make them smaller, then for sure it will make that many.  I also found that my time needed 11 minutes -- wait until it gets a little bit golden before you take them out.
IMG_2689
Another side note:  Since I didn't want to make the entire batch of cookies in one time, I used my cookie scooper and dropped them into a mini muffin pan and placed it in the freezer.  When they froze completely, I took them out with a spoon, and put in a freezer bag.  Now I'm able to make a few cookies at a time whenever I want!

IMG_2686

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails