Monday, May 14, 2012

Grilled pizza

Last week I was on a mission to make grilled pizza.

IMG_8458

It was a very adventurous time, really.  I learned many things while making grilled pizza.

The first one, obviously, is to make sure you have enough propane in your gas grill.  That is THE most important thing!!!  By the time I was on my second batch, the propane ran out in the grill .... and my husband was out of town and I had no clue how to change the propane tank.

First I made dough using the Pizza Dough packet of yeast.  It required no rising of the dough (which I have the hardest time w/ in the first place).  I did have to make two packets worth b/c one packet only makes a pizza about as large as 12 inches.  Everybody had their only little pizza.

First, turn the grill on to high.  If you can handle the heat.... try to put some olive oil on the grates.  I tried, and it was hard to do, so I gave up.  I did clean it really good w/ our BBQ brush.

After you follow the directions on the packet, work your pizza out into a circle using your hands.

Then place it on the grill that is on high for 2 minutes.  You might want to even turn down the grill a little bit b/c our first pizza burned in 2 minutes.  Or, just keep an eye on the pizza.

Take it off the grill (I used a cutting board to slide the pizza on and off) and flip it so the cooked side is on the top.  Then, place your toppings on the pizza.  By this time, turn your heat down to medium high.

Put the pizza back on the grill, and let it cook for about another 3-5 minutes, or until the bottom is getting a little brown.

Ta da!!  It's done!  It actually cooks a LOT faster than the oven, and definitely has a different type of taste than an oven baked pizza.

IMG_8460-001



1 comment:

Chiemi said...

Yum!! That looks so good. I want one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails