Saturday, February 25, 2012

grandma's lemon cake

This is one of my favorite cakes that my grandma makes.  It's incredibly moist and is a great break away from the chocolate cakes that I love!  It's also INCREDIBLY easy with just a few ingredients!

IMG_5024

Ingredients:
1 box of white or yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 small box of lemon jello
1 cup hot water

Glaze:
1 cup of confectioners sugar (or a little more if desired)
4 tbsp lemon juice

Instructions:

Pour 1 cup of hot water in a measuring dish and dissolve the lemon jello.

Mix the cake mix, egg, oil and water with lemon jello together for several minutes. 

Spray bundt pan with Pam.

Pour into a bundt pan (or a 9x13 pan) and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until toothpick is clean and edges are pulled away from pan.

Let sit for 10 minutes before turning over onto a platter.  (sometimes I have to run a spoon down the side in order to get it to loosened from the pan).

Pour the glaze over the cake.  Wrap the cake up nice & tight (and place in fridge if you'd like) -- it's best when it's super moist!

Amy's Tips:  You can make this into a lime or orange cake as well!  Just use the appropriate jello (lime jello, orange jello), and then lime juice or orange juice for the glaze.  My grandma also uses either white or yellow cake.  She did say at one time the white cake mix will bring out the lemon flavor more (in this case of the picture above, I used the yellow cake mix because it is what I had on hand).

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

Oh my gosh, I love lemon cake! This sounds wonderful.

honey said...

Yummy! Can i make this without egg?

Related Posts with Thumbnails