Tuesday, June 23, 2009

chipotle's basmati rice

I love Chipotle's rice they add to the burrito bowls! It is SO yummy! Thankfully, I found the recipe online, and it is a TRUE recipe that they use!
Ingredients
1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
2 tsp. fresh cilantro
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Lime

In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.

Add cilantro after fluffing rice.

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

Amy you are just too much for me. Seriously I love all these fab recipes!!!

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

this blog is really making it hard for me to stick to my bland food diet :)

im so excited to see this chipotle rice recipe. i love that stuff!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails